Thursday 2 October 2014

National Poetry Day

Thank you to the children for bringing in a special object or souvenir. It was lovely hearing about all of your memories during circle time. After that, we read lots of poems and then had a go at writing out own poem about what we could remember. Here are some examples of the excellent poems. Please comment.

My Magnet, 
By Ethan Dudley
I remember I went to Turkey,
I remember a shop where I got my magnet,
I remember seeing the turtles on the beach,
I remember going to the beach with my cousins,
I remember I got an ice cream,
I remember I went in the water,
I remember I saw a shark!
I remember I went to the hotel,
I remember seeing shells,
I remember I saw a shop selling magnets,
I remember going in the toy shop,
I remember hiding my feet in the wet sand.

My Instrument
My Matilda Milatos
I remember music and dancing,
I remember the hot sun glazing on us,
I remember  you know I still play my instrument so so so much,
I remember  happy music,
I remember I was 3 when I got it,
I remember  going on the plane.

Grandad
By Breana Simpson
I remember when he was funny,
I remember he gave me presents,
I remember when he took me to the arcade,
I remember when he took me for a walk,
I remember when he had ice cream on his face!

A photo from the seaside
By Jayden Doyle
I remember having a shell in my bag,
I remember I went on a speed boat,
I remember I was buried in the sand,
I remember I made a sand castle,
I remember a chip shop to eat,
I remember a crab pinched Katie,
I remember me playing with Katie.

Flower Girl
By Mischa Tatton
I remember when I was a flower girl and I threw the confetti into the air,
I remember when I wore my pretty blue dress,
I remember when my uncle drove me to the dancing hall,
I rememberI saw my Auntie and Uncle cutting the cake,
I remember my mum looked pretty on that day,
I remember I ate some cake and crunched some crisps,
I remember I danced and twirled,
At 9 o clock at night, the sun was as red as ketchup.

Legoland 
By Kira Thompson
I remember when I went in a special room,
I remember they told me how to make Lego,
I remember when I went in a colourful play barn,
I remember when I went on a dark ride
We had to save the beautiful princess,
I remember when I saw a bright Lego city,
I remember when I looked in the big shop,
It was fantastic and special.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Mischa your poem was fantastic and we'll done to all of you they are all lovely poem's.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful poems! Laura (Matilda's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really enjoyed watching the video and reading the poems. Gill and Jeff ( Matilda's grandparents - on holiday in Italy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Glad you enjoyed reading the poems; they were fantastic.
    Mrs Oliver

    ReplyDelete